Independent Study

A student may enroll in a course of study not listed in the Lyon College Catalog to pursue independent research. For this, a student needs a full-time faculty member to supervise the independent study. The course number prefix will conform to the appropriate discipline. Variable credit is allowed up to a total of six-semester credits. The student must file with the registrar an independent study form signed by the full-time faculty member serving as supervisor, and the provost, before enrolling in the course. The College is not under any obligation to offer a course through independent study.